"Would you like to support this good thing?"
First, let's do the numbers:
- 645: total deliveries since inception
- 187: total deliveries in Oct (a new high)
- 71: # of deliveries in Oct that were on Sats, ~40% of all Oct deliveries
- 21: # of days we did deliveries out of 31 days. This is down from our 24-25 as we took some days to rest and also to regroup.
Note: we were able to reach *even more* families this month, even though we delivered on 21 days instead of our usual 24-25.
October was a month of growth and change for FabiYana's. We've had several new volunteers helping us! One of our supporters emailed her network asking them to support us (subject line: "would you like to support this good thing?") and as a result, we were able to get donations and new volunteers. We are very grateful for their help.
Also this past month, Fabian's workplace held a food drive which not only got us stocked with more food but also resulted in new volunteers. All of this has been a tremendous help allowing us to reach even more families.
This month we formally began our relationship with our Fiscal Sponsor, Three Squares New England. This allows us to receive tax-deductible donations (for the first time!), potentially apply for grants, and make tax-free purchases. This is an exciting development for us.
In closing, I'd like to echo our supporter's subject line: Would you SUPPORT this GOOD thing? The # of cases in MA has climbed to new highs, and we're also experiencing an increase in demand for our services. We've done 90 deliveries so far and have funding for X more.
Here are the myriad number of ways you can support this good thing:
1. Sponsor a delivery for $35. Or 2 for $70. Maybe even 10 for $350. Even $10 helps us get closer to getting another box of food to a family that needs it.
You can give on a tax-deductible basis at: https://ride.threesquaresne.org/FabiYanas
Or you can give on a non tax-deductible basis
Credit card/PayPal fabiyanas.org
2. Shop for us from our wish list: https://www.myregistry.com/giftlist/fabiyanas
Relatedly, help us get fresh produce every week with your preferred grocery delivery service.
3. Volunteer to do deliveries. Once a week for a 1.5 to 2hrs helps us get food and other essentials to families that need it.
4. Share our story with your network. Ask them as well, "would you support this good thing?".
We cannot do this without all of your help. We're ever so grateful from the bottom of hearts.
Fabi(an) & Yana 11/08/2020
Sign up to for opportunities to donate, volunteer, and collaborate